Friday, June 17, 2011

Stages

Well, I am looking inside today.

I am staying with my grandmother this weekend, and she has just broken her hip about three months ago. Before this accident, she was walking around without a walker... She is fighting the idea of having to use the walker for the rest of her life. I feel that at times I have a hard time thinking about my life and how I will ever be in a place of responsibility and that I will never be able to go back to a care free life, playing basket ball on the weekends with my brother, and eating banana splits.

Life is full of stages. We all have a choice to either embrace where we are or, fight tooth and nail against the inevitable.
Change is something that will always be with us.

Growing up I would work with older people... I would always say, "when I get older, I want to grow old gracefully.." Well, the more that I live I realize that growing old is something that we do every day.

I pray that today I will begin this journey of growing old will begin, and I will be found doing it gracefully.

Please remind me how attractive it is to be content with the place that I am in life.

No comments: