Wednesday, March 21, 2012

From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

1 cor 1:18-19



There are great monuments in life. Things that we look forward to or look back on and say,

"Wow."

Either we say this in relief or disbelief, or in great revelation.

How often do I think that milstones are the moments that life is made of... yet the every day things are soon forgotten. How my heart longs to accomplish something great, to reach for the starts! Yet I forget that although all these things that are milestones, really are not the important things. It is all the little things in between, the character that God chooses to grow in us along the way, that, is what is important. My attitude toward the cross.

What does it all really mean... or even matter?

Lord let me remember that you command my destiny. Teach me to rest in your arms of love, knowing that you will lead, if I choose to follow....


No comments: