Monday, March 4, 2013

Love Letter


This chapter was one that I was brought to tonight. These verses specifically.

(25-32)... I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you ia new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.1 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. And I will summon the grain and make it abundant and lay no famine upon you. 30 I will make the fruit of the tree and the increase of the field abundant, that you may never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways, and your deeds that were not good, and you will loathe yourselves for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 It is not for your sake that I will act, declares the Lord God; let that be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel.



As I read the whole chapter, I was acutely aware to the fact that we are cleansed, not for our own sakes but for the sake of the Lord, that He may be known. We may see how desperately we needed hope, and grace and then understand more deeply our desire to repent and grow.

How awesome.

I guess I keep trying to understand how to get my life to mean something, anything. Yet I am relieved to know that my life is not my own to make something great of. Only the work of the Lord will make anything truly great. And only will I appreciate that life that he has given me when I see his grace at work. Only when I begin to see that life is not about me am I truly able to surrender.

God thank you so much for wanting to sprinkle me with water that will make me clean before you. Thank you for your new spirit that you put in me. Please wash me of all my sin, all my idols, and all my pride. Thank you that ultimately it really is not about me, or any other human on this planet. We serve an audience of ONE!

As I see all my sin, may I be ashamed, and give it back to you. Let me see it for what it is, repent, and move on. As I am ashamed, allow my heart to be thankful because you took it upon yourself and died for me in all my grim.


I love you Lord. So much.

1 comment:

Patti Mustain said...

Beautiful post honey. What an amazing line you put...We serve an audience of ONE! Wow, thank you for sharing.