Thursday, September 11, 2008

That Box

What is the purpose of planning anything? 
Honestly, what is its purpose.... Do you think that it is Godly to plan? 
I think that it is good to plan. If I don't plan something then I wont do anything. But it is bad to plan because when I have a plan life is more easily placed in a box. If I can wrap my ideas around what is going to be happening in my life then I feel as if I can control it. (warning sign to self)
I really am doubting that planning is a good thing at all... I mean, all the plans that I make are trumped by God. He has the ultimate authority.  I live my life in order to please Him. But am I doing that when I plan everything out, and leave no room for God to break my mold of what I have place in the box of my life? 
It seems if  I was in Gods will things would fall into place.
I wish that I was more willing to place my life into God's hands, and allow His will take over. Is God's will for our lives as smooth as butter, or does God enjoy chunky peanut butter better? 
I have decide that God likes peanut butter. I don't think that God wants us to be comfortable. I don't really want to be comfortable. Actually, I do like to be comfortable, but I know that I am better off if I am not, because that means that I am more able to feel God's comfort when I need it. 
So maybe, just maybe, God wants us to plan, so that He can change our plans and make us uncomfortable so that we can know Him better....
WOW! I am not so sure that I even understand what in the fat I am talking about, but it feels good to get it out of my mind and onto "paper".... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that planning has it's place. But, I also think that we plan on only what we see for the moment, or how we feel. God's vision is so much bigger than that and many times He changes our plans so that we can see what He sees, if we are open to it.

That's the thing. Be Open. When we start to close up, that's when God has to shake us up a little...even if it feels uncomfortable.

We are more than our comfort-levels.