Monday, September 8, 2008

Trusting in the Unchanging One

I am so stubborn sometimes, well, most of the time...Life is constantly changing and the only thing that is truly constant is change. I also know that God is unchanging. 
Why am I so opposed to change? How can I change the fact that I hate change so much? Some people embrace change with open arms. How do they do that?
I really want the Lord to give me peace in Him, because he is the constant unchanging one in my life. Today I am ready to give my stubbornness to Him, so He will be the one who will keep me grounded when life becomes too much. When life throws curve balls at me, the Lord will be the one to help me in my trek through life. 

James 1:17 says;
Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

I need to remember that God is perfect, he has no need to change because he is already perfect. I need change to be apart of my life because I am still not perfect... Change brings out my imperfections, so that I may see my need to be transformed by the living God. When I die I will be made perfect. Until that time, I will learn how to embrace change, because God is good and perfect. He will help me handle life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Change is all around you. Imagine what this world would be like if the seasons didn't change? Only winter or only summer. And God is perfect because He is infinate. And think of all the amazing things that are contained in that infinate space: Summer, spring, winter, fall, you, the milky way, your favorite animal, grief, joy...and a million other things. Maybe you need to see change as an expansion of yourself. You are transforming into a bigger person with a bigger heart. There is a big different between expanding and changing. Just trust Him. He loves you so much.